Westernacher accomplishes strong entry into Latin American Market
Two new Westernacher Mexico offices significantly expand the delivery capabilities for SAP and IT Strategy consulting projects in Latin America, establish a strong Application Management Services offering as well as increase the nearshore project delivery of North American customers.
In June, Westernacher entered the Latin American market with the opening of two offices — one in Mexico City and one in Guadalajara. Building on the high quality of local resources, the expansion has accomplished several strategic goals: Establishing an Application Management Services (AMS) center for the Americas and Europe, enhancing nearshore consulting for North America as well as better servicing for the domestic Mexican and Latin American markets.
“Mexico is a country with great professionals, talent and ambitions,” said Dominik Metzger, Westernacher’s Global Director of Transportation & Logistics. “Together with a growing domestic manufacturing and services industry, the proximity to the US and the entry gate to Latin America, it is a great choice for Westernacher’s expansion into the region.”
Westernacher’s new presence in Mexico offers several key advantages for customers in the areas of Business and Technology Consulting as well as Application Management Services:
- Local and Spanish language coverage for projects in Mexico and Latin America
- Reduced implementation costs for US projects due to Mexico’s lower cost structure
- High technical and functional expertise ensure outstanding quality
- Effective support for International Roll Outs to Mexico and Latin America
- Full SAP AMS support coverage of the Americas daytime and the European and Asian nighttime from Mexico’s technology capital Guadalajara for customers worldwide
With the opening of its Mexico offices, Westernacher Consulting now has 17 locations in 14 countries on three continents. By the end of the year, the company plans to double the number of employees in the Latin American country.