Deep-rooted Software and IT Capabilities
Based on 45 years in IT and Software implementation projects, we have gathered a tremendous degree of expertise in designing and implementing SAP solutions. This expertise stretches across all levels of a project, from deep process and functional expertise to system configuration, set-up and the development of high-value add-ons.
- Technology Pioneers
We are always at the boundary of technology innovations.
We at Westernacher were one of the first consulting firms to specialize in SAP Transportation Management and implementation of this very recent SAP application. We consider ourselves technology pioneers in latest innovations. Key areas surrounding SAP Transportation Management which complement the IT solution and bring tremendous value to our customers are:
- SAP Fiori-based front-end for improved reporting and user experience
- SAP operational process intelligence to enable an operational control tower
- SAP Transportation Resource Planning (SAP TRP) to optimize transportation equipment and asset movements
- Mobile applications for operational users, reporting and monitoring
- SAP Collaboration Portal for carrier and partner interaction
- Value Based Implementations
Focus of our implementations are value and return on investment.
All implementations managed by us at Westernacher follow a strict value-based approach. We guide our customers to implement process standards and maximize the capabilities enabled by the SAP transportation solutions. We rigorously address any customization and add-on needs to ensure a clear cost/value ratio.
- Solution Architecture Definition
We solve complex solution architecture challenges to achieve an easy to maintain, connected and integrated system landscape.
Every customer has a unique IT landscape with existing legacy applications. We are true experts in designing and implementing the SAP transportation applications as part of your system architecture. Our solution architecture capabilities include a deep analysis of your business and integration requirements and the implementation of the relevant solution components. Our experienced Solution Architects are the quality stewards and key design authority for any implementation project.
- SAP and Legacy Integrations
A unique capability of the SAP transportation applications is that they are seamlessly integrated into the SAP landscape:
- Discover how your orders and deliveries flow into SAP Transportation Management to handle planning, freight rates and execution.
- Experience how warehouse and transportation processes from a delivery request to picking, packing and loading are harmonized with transportation planning and carrier interaction.
- Holistically manage your 3PL customers from order capturing to billing by managing transportation and warehouse services in one logistics platform with SAP TM and SAP EWM.
- Integrate your transportation and logistics processes in existing financial and controlling back-end system to analyze profitability and landed cost.
- System Automation and Master Data Challenges
We achieve process optimization and guide you on the path to achieve true automation.
A key goal for most IT implementations is to achieve automation in processes to reduce the manual workload for employees and enable a pro-active, customer centric organization.
We are experts in achieving process automation with SAP transportation solutions, e.g. in strategic freight procurement and selling, transportation planning and optimization, freight rate management or invoice verification. The true challenge in automation often lies in collecting and efficiently managing master data. Expertise and the manual decisions of experienced users need to be digitized. We have the tools and methodologies to collect, integrate and maintain new master data into your SAP systems to achieve real automation.
- Westernacher Add-Ons
Keep your process and market differentiators with value based system add-ons.
Each IT solution can reach the limits which standard software provides. This is especially the case because most customers want to implement standard software but still keep their process uniqueness and enable unique sales propositions as a key differentiator to competition.
We at Westernacher are certified experts who can guide you in deciding if and where it is possible and recommended to enhance e.g. SAP Transportation Management. We have the expertise regarding enhancement spots and user exits to judge how to realize an add-on.
- For example, we have built an integration with Tangro, an optical character recognition provider, to enable companies to process incoming forwarding orders automatically in the system without any user interaction.
- Other examples include an invoicing verification cockpit and mobile applications with SAP Fiori.
- Deployment Expertise
Achieve true system adoption in your organization, across regions, processes and lines of business.
Many of our customers run their transportation departments not only in a centralized organization but across multiple geographies, several lines of business and multiple functional domains and teams. We have an experienced team to guide you how to best deploy a transportation management solution. We have tools to analyze the complexity of your organization and the scope of the project. We recommend to you the best deployment approach to decide a clear roll out strategy. We provide an experienced team to supervise and support this deployment approach.
Learn more about Westernacher’s IT corporations with technology partners like SAP and Tangro and how you can benefit when working with us in state-of-the-art innovation projects. Learn from our reference example with Tangro how companies are able to process incoming transportation orders automatically in SAP. These could be paper documents, e-mails or documents received by fax or EDI. Information from the documents such as the customer, cargo details, requested dates and destinations are detected and digitized automatically. The consistency of the data is checked and the information is registered directly in SAP Transportation Management (TM). The processing of documents is faster, more cost-effective and more transparent.
Key IT Challenges and how we overcome them with our Customers
- You have a scattered IT landscape with multiple legacy applications, own developments and interfaces:
Our solution architects analyze your system landscape and design a target solution architecture model. We define a clear strategy for how to replace redundant systems, how to integrate critical third party applications and how to manage the co-existence of applications for a limited duration.
- You are running multiple SAP ERP systems for your different lines of business and want to ensure the fit of one core SAP transportation system:
Our integration specialists define replication strategies for your master and transactional data, for example orders, deliveries, invoices, commodity and product master, customer master etc. We use our master data migration tools and templates to implement and test standard interfaces and train your teams.
- Your legacy systems have numerous types of integration with third party applications:
We guide you how to re-use existing web services and messaging formats, support you in implementing mapping middleware, such as SAP PI and to ensure a quality and test management.
- Your existing SAP implementation has several enhancements and user exits and the functionality needs to be available in a new system landscape without creating modifications:
Our functional solution experts recommend how to replace enhancements with standard functionality and analyze the cost/value ratio and technical feasibility of solution enhancements and add-ons.